Based in Brussels, the European Sea Ports Organisation ensures that seaports have a clear voice in the European Union. ESPO represents the common interests and promotes the common views and values of its members to the European institutions and its policy makers.
- ESPO assists its members in gaining a better understanding of policy initiatives of importance to the sector.
- ESPO assists European policy makers in better understanding the role and importance of port authorities, based both on its extensive knowledge of the sector and on reliable information and data.
- ESPO is also engaged in a continuous dialogue with all European stakeholders in the port and maritime sector.
- Finally, over the years, ESPO has turned into a unique knowledge network of European port authorities.
- ESPO was created in 1993.